CAVATINA Chamber Music Trust was formed in 1998 with the aim of developing young audiences for chamber music. It is the only organisation which concentrates solely on increasing awareness of chamber music amongst young people.
What We Do
CAVATINA's main activities are:
- presenting around 50 school concerts a year, mostly in state schools. Since the start of the project in 1998, more than 100,000 children and young people have attended these sessions;
- providing FREE tickets for chamber music concerts in over 35 venues affiliated to the CAVATINA Ticket Scheme for young people aged 8-25 (inclusive);
- sponsoring scholarships for young people in special circumstances;
- promoting chamber music competitions and sponsoring master classes in order to raise the quality of chamber music in educational establishments;
- supporting and encouraging young ensembles in their quest to make this a viable form of earning a living;
- encouraging and sponsoring family concerts in various parts of the country;
- providing a forum for CAVATINA Friends to meet and enjoy musical events.